These are tricks and tips which you can use on Yahoo Messenger. I tried these in Yahoo Messenger 9.0 Beta and not worked. So try it on Yahoo Messenger 8.
1. Change the name of the Yahoo Messenger
- Go to the Folder where you installed Yahoo Messenger (C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger Normally)
- Open ymsgr.ini in Notepad or any Text Editor.
- At the end Add the folowing (Change the text "hare Krishna" to what ever you want")
- Open yahoo messenger it will be like the following
2. Tabbed Messenger Chat windows
Open registry Editor (Start=>Run Type REGEDIT press OK)
Check whether there is an entry named "Tabbed IM"
If it is there double click to open, change the value to 1 (choose Hexadecimal) Press OK (thats all)
If it is not there
Right click on the blank space
New => DWORD Value
Change the Name to "Tabbed IM" (with out double quotes)
open it and change the value to 1 and save [double click to open, change the value to 1 (choose Hexadecimal) Press OK (thats all)]
Now when you open each chat window, it will open as a tab.
To view some windows in separate window or close one chat window right click on the tab of corresponding chat
To disable this set the value to zero or delete that entry.
For enabling this facility you can download and run this file. To deactivate this download and run this file
3. remove the Advertisement on yahoo Messenger (For messenger 9 check 4)
Open registry editor (Start=>Run Type REGEDIT press OK)
Add the following values to the registry or change the values to * if the exists
Webcam Upload Ad
Webcam Viewer Ad
Webcam Viewer Ad Big
Webcam Viewer Ad Medium
Change Room Banner
create a new String Value registry key with the name by right clicking on the above registry branch and select New -> String Value.
- Close Registry Editor and launch Windows Explorer.
- Go to C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\Cache\
- Locate urls.xml
- Clear the content of urls.xml (CTRL+A Delete) , Save the file
- Right click on the file and select properties, and click on Read-only Press OK.
Thats it Now open the Yahoo Messenger and check ;)
You can download the bat file and execute it for all these steps here
4. Ad remove for Yahoo Messenger 9
- Make sure the Yahoo Messenger isn’t running, if it is then just close it.
- Now backup the YahooMessenger.exe file from the installed directory(Normally C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe)
- Download HxD hex editor.
- Open YahooMessenger.exe from the installed folder(Normally C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe) in the hex editor
- Now go to the offset 295928 (in HxD: Search/GoTo)
- Look at the right column and replace y from “y.m.s.g.r.a.d.s” with p
- Save the file and close HxD.
Registry editing may harm your computer, So take a backup before you proceed and Do it at your own risk.