Microsoft has officially launched the Lumia 535 in India.
The phone runs on Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim, and will be updated to Windows Phone 10, as Microsoft has promised that all devices running Windows 8 will receive the update.
The launch comes just weeks after they had announced the Single SIM variant of the device. The key features of the phone include the two 5 Megapixel cameras on the front and back of the device, 1GB of RAM, Dual SIM, and the 5” Display. It is powered by a Quad Core Snapdragon 200 processor, and packs a 1905 mAh battery.
Microsoft Lumia Technical Specifications:
- Operating System: Windows Phone 8.1 with Lumia Denim
- Display: 5” IPS LCD, qHD (960 x 540 pixels), 220 ppi, Sunlight readability enhancements, Corning Gorilla Glass 3,
- Processor: Snapdragon 200 Quad core 1.2 GHz
- GPU: Adreno 302
- RAM: 1 GB
- Storage: 8 GB, expandable up to 128 GB via Micro SD card, Free Cloud Storage 15 GB
- Rear Camera: 5.0 Megapixels with 1/4 inch sensor, Auto focus, f/2.4 aperture, LED flash, FWVGA (848 x 480)
- Front Camera: 5.0 Megapixels wide angle, f/2.4 aperture, FWVGA (848 x 480)
- Battery: 1905 mAh
- SIM: Single and Dual SIM variants, Micro SIM
- Connectivity: Micro-USB, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, WiFi, GSM, WCDMA, A-GLONASS, A-GPS,
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor
- Dimensions: 140.2 x 72.4 x 8.8mm
- Weight: 146 g
The Microsoft Lumia 535 has been priced at Rs. 9,199, and will be available in stores from November 28.
This is not only the first Lumia device since the change of the brand name from Nokia to Microsoft, it is also the first in the Lumia 5X series to have an LED Flash. It has the perfect specifications which makes it an ideal device for the cash strapped. Hopefully, Microsoft will continue heading in the right direction. Kudos.