The Czech based Avast software today announced a stable update release of its 2014 products. These updates are for their flagship Windows security products namely, Avast Free Antivirus, Avast PRO Antivirus, Avast Internet Security and Avast Premier Antivirus.
The stable 2014 program has build number 9.0.2011. This build is a major update and brings some significant new core features such as:
1. The firewall component is made more compatible with Java applications and VPN services.
2. The installer is protected by the Avast self-defense driver from the very beginning of installation, thereby preventing an attempt by active malware to kill it.
3. The Web Shield module is completely rewritten to ensure no further conflicts with various firewalls (especially the old ones). This not only improves overall stability and performance, but also allows the program to see and detect more threats.
4. File System Shield update would now deliver faster performance than before.
5. The Browser Cleanup tool is updated to deal with and remove more stubborn toolbars and other "PUBEs" (Potentially Unwanted Browser Extensions).
If you are an existing Avast user you could do an update from within the program GUI using the in-product updater. Additionally for new users or those facing problem with in-product updater, grab the applicable installer from the link below:
Those who may face an issue or two with the recent update on top of your existing Avast installation could use the Avast cleaner from the link below and re-install the latest update.
Do share with us your experience (through comment) on this new update.