Along with the Xperia XZ Premium, Sony also launched the Xperia XZs at the MWC 2017. The phone is powered by last year’s flagship processor, a 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC, with 4GB of RAM and runs on Android Nougat.
The Xperia XZs has 32GB of eMMc internal storage with support for up to 64GB of expandable memory via a microSD card.The device sports a 5.2” Full 1080p HD, TRILUMINOS display with X-Reality for mobile picture engine and Dynamic Contrast Enhancement. The phone is IP65/IP68 certified to be water and dust resistant, and has a metal body.
The Sony Xperia XZs has a similar camera setup to the Xperia XZ Premium. To recap, the main shooter is a 19 megapixel rear camera, with a 1/ 2.3” Exmor RS image sensor, which supports super slow motion video recording @ 960fps, and has Predictive Capture, Ant-distortion shutter, Triple image sensing technology, Predictive Hybrid Autofocus , SteadyShot with Intelligent Active Mode (5-axis stabilization) and 4K video recording .The selfie lens is a 13 megapixel front camera with a 1/3.06” Exmor RS image sensor with a 22mm wide angle lens, ISO6400 and an f/2.0 aperture.
The Xperia XZs has a fingerprint scanner in the power button (in certain markets), a USB Type-C reversible connector, and is backed by a 2900mAh mAh battery with support for Smart STAMINA, Battery Care, Qnovo Adaptive Charging and Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
Sony Xperia XZs technical specifications:
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Display : 5.2-inch 1080p Full HD TRILUMINOS, X-Reality for mobile picture engine, Dynamic Contrast Enhancement, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 64-bit
- GPU: Adreno 530
- Storage : 32GB eMMc + upto 64GB via microSD card
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Rear Camera : 19 megapixels, 1/ 2.3” Exmor RS image sensor, super slow motion video recording @ 960fps, Motion Eye
- Front Camera: 13 megapixels, 1/3.06” Exmor RS image sensor, 22mm wide angle lens, ISO6400, f/2.0 aperture
- Battery : 2900mAh mAh battery with support for Smart STAMINA, Battery Care, Qnovo Adaptive Charging, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Connectivity: USB Type C (USB 3.1)
- Colours: Ice Blue, Warm Silver and Black
The Sony Xperia XZs will be available from the beginning of April 2017. The pricing of the device has not been announced.