Panasonic has launched a new budget friendly phone, called the Panasonic P88, in India. The phone’s highlight is that it comes with a Triple LED Flash for the 13 megapixel rear camera, and a Front facing LED Flash for the 5 megapixel front camera, for good selfies in low light.
The phone has a 5.3 inch 720p HD IPS display, which is protected by a 2.5D curved Asahi Ehanced Glass, and a textured back finish. The phone measures at 8.3mm in thickness, has a metal finish middle frame and includes an anti-dust receiver. The P88 runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, and is powered by a 64-bit MediaTek MT6735 Quad core processor clocked at 1.25GHz, with a Mali-T720 GPU, and 2GB of RAM. The phone comes with 16GB of internal storage, and supports up to 128GB of expandable storage via a microSD card slot.
The device is backed by a 2600mAh removable battery, has two SIM card slots (non hybrid), and supports 4G LTE + VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, GPS, FM with RDS, and more. IT is quite rare to see a phone with support for two dedicated SIM cards and a separate memory card.
- Display: 5.3 inch 720p HD IPS, 2.5D curved Asahi enhanced glass (scratch resistant)
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow (with Android for Work)
- Processor: 64-bit MediaTek MT6735 Quad core @ 1.25GHz
- Storage: 16GB + up to 128GB expandable
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- GPU: Mali-T720
- Rear Camera: 13 megapixels with triple LED flash, 5P element Largan lens, f/2.0 aperture
- Front Camera: 5 megapixels with LED flash
- Connectivity: Dual SIM 4G/3G+2G, VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, GPS, FM with RDS
- Design: 8.3 mm slim body; Comes with Anti-dust receiver
- Sensors: Proximity, Accelerometer & Ambient Light Sensor
- Weight: 156 gm
The Panasonic P88 has been priced at Rs. 9,290 and is available in two colors: Gold and Charcoal Grey. The phone comes with a Free Protective screen guard, and a pair of headPhones.