Thief, the classic stealth based game which came out in 1998 is a favorite for many, including me.
In this game you play as Garrett the Thief, and have to use your wits, various objects and the environment in your quests.
Thief Gold includes the first game Thief The Dark Project (12 huge missions with multiple environments) as well as the Gold update (3 new campaign missions which deepen the plot and add five new types of enemies) .
Please take a minute to check the System Requirements of the game to make sure your PC can run it smoothly.
- OS: Windows XP or Windows Vista
- Processor: 1.8 GHz Processor
- Memory: 512MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
- Hard Disk Space: 2GB HDD
- Video Card: 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended)
- DirectX®: 7
The game weighs in at just over 1 GB to download.
How to get the coupon code for Thief Gold for Free:
1. Visit the promo page and enter your name and email address. You can use any email address, as you do not get any confirmation or coupon code in the inbox.
2. You will be taken to a new page which contains the coupon code. Copy it down and save it to Notepad.
3. Head over to the Amazon App Store and login to your account. Visit the game's page on Amazon, and click on Buy and Download. even though the page says the game costs $6.99, you will not be paying anything, read the next step to see why.
4. Copy and paste the coupon code which you got earlier into the Amazon page to redeem it. The price should now say $0.00.
5. Buy the game for free and download the exe file. It is just 1 MB in size.
6. Run the exe and it should generate two html pages on your hard drive, one with the Steam code for the game, and another with the instructions on how to activate the game on Steam. You can also use the app to view the keys directly.
Hint: You can get the game for free even if you are not located in the U.S by using fake details, however you will need to create a new account on Amazon.
How to redeem the Steam code:
1. Install the Steam Client on your PC, and login to your account.
2. In the lower left corner, click “Add A Game...” or click on "Games" on the top left corner, and select “Activate a Product on Steam…”
3. Click the “Next…” button on the product activation information screen and then click on the “I Agree…” button on the product EULA screen.
4. Copy and paste the code which you got from Amazon and click on Next to redeem Thief Gold.
5. You can now find the game in your Game Library.