If You own a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and if it is from the first batch, Get a replacement and do not use it or charge it for your own security.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 the latest flagship Android smart phone from the Korean company is already in the news because of their battery made so many problems. Samsung recalled all the devices the sold around the world to provide devices with the battery replaced. For those who pre-booked the device from India, the delivery will be delayed and Samsung confirmed it. And Samsung will give a Gear VR for Free and also Oculus content voucher worth INR 3300.
At Samsung, we are committed to producing the highest quality products and we take every incident reported by our valued customers very seriously. In response to recent cases reported globally of the new Galaxy Note7, we conducted a thorough investigation and found a battery cell issue. Since our customers’ safety is an absolute priority at Samsung, we have delayed the sales of Galaxy Note7 in India.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. We are thankful for your patience and you can rest assured that we are working diligently to deliver your Galaxy Note7 as soon as possible. As a gesture of goodwill, we would like to offer you the following benefits:
- We will ship the new Gear VR to you absolutely free of cost
- INR 3300 approx. ($50) Oculus content voucher to deliver the best experience on your Gear VR
Are you still holding the first batch of Samsung Galaxy Note 7? read the following incidents
1. Federal Aviation Administration advised their users not to turn on or charge the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 on board. More
Users of Galaxy Note 7 smartPhones should turn them off and not use them, Samsung Electronics Co. and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Friday
2. Few more Airline companies such as Qantas, Jetstar, Virgin Australia, Tiger Airways also banned Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 usage or charging on the board. More. The device usage or charging is banned in all flights in India (By The Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) ) and also Japan's Regulators Warn the same [Update]
3. Samsung Galaxy Note 7 exploded in Australian hotel and caused a damage worth more than $1400, and Samsung taken care of the damage caused by their phone. Read more
4. Samsung Galaxy Note 7 exploded inside Jeep Grand Cherokee and completely destroyed it.
regarding the above incident here is the response from the Samsung
We are aware of the incident and we are working with Mr. Dornacher to investigate his case and ensure we do everything we can for him. Consumer safety is Samsung's highest priority. With regard to the Galaxy Note7
Thank you Ashwin.