The Mi Max 2 will be launched on July 18th in India. That is according to Xiaomi India’s Twitter account, which posted the following image.
The teaser image says “Big is Back”. Now the B may look like an M and the G may look like a 6, but it is definitely not the Mi 6. It is the Mi Max 2.
How are we so sure? Well for starters, we know that the Mi Max series is a big screen series, and we have the technical specifications of the Mi Max 2, because it is already available in China. But there is one more reason why we are absolutely certain, as to why the tagline “Big is Back” is for the Mi Max 2. Because, the tagline for the original Mi Max is, “Mi Max is the new big”, you can see that on the official Mi India website too.
Here are the Mi Max 2’s tech specs.
The Mi Max 2 features a 6.44-inch 1080p Full HD display, encased in a full metal body. The phone runs on Android 7.0 Nougat with MIUI 8 skin on top, and is powered by a 14nm FinFET Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor, with 4GB of RAM. The device comes in 2 variants, one with 64GB of internal storage, while the other one has 128GB of storage, with a hybrid SIM card slot for expandable memory. The Mi Max 2 has a Sony IMX386 sensor for its 12 megapixels rear camera which is the same as the Mi 6’s, and a 5 megapixels rear camera for 85 degree wide angle selfies. The Mi Max 2 is also big when it comes to battery life, as it has a 5,300 mAh battery, which can be charged up to 68% in an hour, thanks to Quick Charge 3.0. The phone has a fingerprint scanner on the back panel, and an IR blaster on the top.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Technical Specifications
- Display: 6.44″ Full HD 1080p
- Operating System: MIUI 8 based on Android Nougat
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 with 14nm FinFET technology
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB / 128GB, expandable up to 128 GB via microSD card
- Battery: 5300 mAh, Quick Charge 3.0
- Rear Camera: 12 MP Sony IMX386 sensor, 1.25-micron, PDAF
- Front Camera; 5 MP, 85° wide angle lens
- Security: Fingerprint sensor
- Other: IR blaster, Stereo Speakers
- Dimensions: 174.1 x 88.7 x 7.6mm
- Weight: 211 grams
- Design: Full metal unibody
The Xiaomi Mi Max 2 has been priced at 1,699 RMB for the 64GB model in China (around Rs. 16,000) , while the 128GB variant costs 1,999 RMB (about Rs. 19,000) . We can expect the Xiaomi Mi Max 2 price in India to be similar.