Just wrote an extension for blogengine.net, it will add 3 buttons just after the post content which will be
1. A re-tweet button
2. A dot net kicks kick it button
3. A delicious book marking button
You can use bit.ly or tinyurl for making the short url. If you are planing to use bit.ly you need to have an account in bit.ly and a bitl/y Api Key.
1. download the zip file and unzip it
2. open the retweet.cs
3. Just edit the first few lines (Hope that the comments are enough)
4. Move the edited to App_Code/Extensions/
4. there two images too , which you may or may not use (they are one for re-tweet button and another for delicious button)
do not forget to change that twitter user name currently it is mine.
You can see this working on this blog.
Firstly, thanks for the retweet extension, very nice. I just wanted to make you aware that the title should be url encoded to avoid breaking the functionality. I made a minor update to reflect this change, and I would like to post it as a comment, but alas, comments are closed. 🙁
Changed line: 108
string retweet = “http://twitter.com/home/?status=RT+@” + twitterUser + ” ” + System.Web.HttpUtility.UrlEncode(title) + “+-+”;
here is the file to download