if you are from any countries that is not in the Hotmail pop3 enabled list, still you can get that facility by changing your country to one of the country.
United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, France, Japan, Spain, Germany, Italy, and the Netherlands these are the countries having pop3 access enabled.
So here is the steps
1. Login to your inbox
2. Go to Option (top right side) => re options
3. Click on “View and edit your personal information”
4. Click on “Registered information”
5. Change the country to any of the above
Now don't be afraid you will lose nothing by following the steps
7. Click on “Close account”
8. It will ask for password Enter the password again and Press OK
9. It may display a message
"Cannot close firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a Microsoft e-mail account (Windows Live Hotmail) associated with your account, so you can't close your Windows Live account immediately. To close your Windows Live account, you need to close your Microsoft e-mail account first. After a period of inactivity, your Windows Live account will automatically be closed. Close your Microsoft account"
10. “Close your Microsoft account” is a link click on that
11. It will show another window with message
To deactivate your Windows Live Hotmail account, click Close account. All stored messages are permanently deleted and incoming e-mail is refused.
Your e-mail address is reserved for 120 days after closing your account. After that time, it may become available for other people to use.
To reactivate your account once you have closed it, sign in within 120 days.
12. So you have 120 days , so don’t worry Click on “Close account”
13. window will show
Your e-mail account is now closed
Your stored messages and contact list will be permanently deleted within the next few days.
14. login again (you will have to do it in next 24 hrs otherwise you may loose your mails in that inbox)
15. after login your settings will be for the new country you are chosen
16. Now configure your mail client like thunder bird or any thing with the following server details
POP server: pop3.live.com
POP SSL required? Yes
User name: Your Windows Live ID, for example email@example.com
Password: The password you usually use to sign in to Hotmail or Windows Live
SMTP server: smtp.live.com
Authentication required? Yes (this matches your POP username and password)
TLS/SSL required? Yes
and start using it :)