HMD Global has announced its first Nokia Android phone, called the Nokia 6, in China. The phone is the first Android powered from Nokia, since the Microsoft Nokia X series.
The Nokia 6 sports a 5.5 inch 1080p Full HD, IPS LCD display which has a 2.5D curved glass and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. It has a pixel density of 403 ppi, sunlight reading technology, and upto 450 nits brightness. The device runs on Android 7.0 Nougat, and is powered by an Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor with 4GB of RAM and an Adreno 505 GPU. The phone has 64GB of storage and supports up to 128GB of expandable memory via a microSD card.
The Nokia 6 features an aluminium unibody, with a front facing fingerorint scanner, embedded in the home button. The photography options on the phone consist of a 16.0-megapixels rear camera with an f/2.0 aperture, with phase detect autofocus, a dual-tone dual LED flash and an 8 megapixels, front facing camera, also with an f/2.0 aperture and a 84˚ wide-angle lens.
The device is backed by a 3,000mAh battery which is not user-removable. The phone has dual speakers, and supports Dolby Atmos audio.
Nokia 6 Technical Specifications
- Display: 5.5 inch 1080p Full HD, IPS LCD, 2.5D curved glass display, Corning Gorilla Glass, 403 ppi, Sunlight reading, 450 nits brightness
- Processor: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Memory: 4GB RAM LPDDR3
- Storage: 64 GB + up to 128GB via microSD
- GPU: Adreno 505
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G LTE Cat. 4, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB OTG
- Rear: Camera: 16 megapixels, rear camera, f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone dual LED flash, PDAF
- Front Camera: 8 megapixels, f/2.0 aperture, 84˚ wide-angle lens
- Security: Fingerprint sensor
- Audio: Dual speakers, Dual smart amplifiers (TFA9891), Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 154 x 75.8 x 7.8 mm
- Battery: 3,000mAh
The Nokia 6 has been priced at 16999 Yuan, which is around 17,000 Rs. It will be available exclusively in China through JD.com, from early 2017.
via: Nokia, HMD Global