Nokia led by HMD Global, has launched three new smartPhones: Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6, and a reboot of its classic 3310 at MWC 2017. The Nokia 3310 has a 2.4-inch curved window display, with a polarized layer for sunlight visibility.
The device stands true to the original design with its tank like build, and comes in 4 new colours, of which 2 are glossy: Warm Red and Yellow, while the other 2 are matte finished: Dark Blue and Grey.
The phone has a 1200 mAh removable battery which can offer up to 22.1 hours of talk time, or up to 31 days of standby time, up to 51 hours of MP3 playback time, or up to 39 hours of FM radio playback time. The phone will be available in single SIM and dual SIM variants. Yes, the Nokia 3310 does have an FM Radio, and MP3 Player, and comes with a 3.5 mm Audio jack, and a WH-108 Headset.
The Nokia 3310 runs on Nokia Series 30+ operating system, which has a modern look, with elements of the original phone's UI. It even comes with a classic Snake game with a colorful remake. The phone has a 2 megapixel rear camera with LED Flash, and 16 MB of storage with support for up to 32GB of expandable storage via microSD card.
Nokia 3310 Technical Specifications:
- Display: 2.4” QVGA
- Operating System: Nokia Series 30+ with MP3 Player, snake game
- Storage: 16 MB + up to 32GB via microSD card
- Rear Camera: 2MP + LED flash
- Battery: 1200 mAh removable
- Dimensions: 115.6 x 51 x 12.8 mm
- Connectivity: 3.5mm audio, FM Radio, micro USB 2.0, 2G, Networks GSM 900/1800 MHz, Bluetooth 3.0 with SLAM, single SIM and dual SIM variants
- Colours: Warm Red (Glossy), Dark Blue (Matte), Yellow (Glossy), Grey (Matte)
- Other: Nokia Micro-USB charger + WH-108 headset
The Nokia 3310 has been priced at €49 (Europe), which translates to about Rs. 3450, or $51. The Nokia 3310 will be available from Q2 2017 in India.