HMD Global has launched the Nokia 3 along with the Nokia 5, Nokia 6 and a new Nokia 3310 at MWC 2017. The Phones run on stock clutter Free Android 7.0 Nougat, and HMD Global, has promised regular updates for the three devices.
The Nokia 3 sports a 5.0-inch IPS LCD 720p HD display, with an aspect ratio of 16:9, 450 nits brightness, and 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass. The device has a polycarbonate body with a metal frame made of aluminium. The device is powered by a quad-core MediaTek 6737 Soc, clocked at 1.3GHz with 2GB of RAM.The phone has 16GB of storage, and supports up to 128GB of expandable storage. The Nokia 3 features an 8 megapixel rear camera with autofocus, and a similar 8 megapixel front camera. The Nokia 3 supports NFC, 4G LTE connectivity, and will come in single SIM and Dual SIM options. It has an accelerometer, gyroscope for gaming and VR. The phone is backed by a 2650 mAh battery.
Nokia 3 technical specifications:
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Display : 5.0-inch IPS LCD 720p HD, 16:9 aspect ratio, 450 nits brightness, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass, Polarizer
- Processor: MediaTek MTK 6737, Quad-core 1.3Ghz
- GPU: Mali T720
- Storage : 16GB + upto 128GB via microSD card
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Rear Camera : 8MP AF, 1.12um, f/2.0 aperture, LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP AF, 1.12um, f/2.0 aperture, FOV 84 degrees, display flash
- Battery : 2650 mAh
- Size: 143.4 x 71.4 x 8.48 mm
- Connectivity: Micro USB (USB 2.0), USB OTG, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 4G LTE Cat. 4, 3.5 mm audio jack
- Sensors: Accelerometer (G-sensor), ambient light sensor, e-compass, fingerprint sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor
The Nokia 3 will be available in 4 colours: Silver White, Matte Black, Tempered Blue, Copper White. The Nokia 3 has been priced at €139 (Europe), which is about Rs. 9,800 or $200.