HMD Global, which holds the rights to the Nokia brand,is all set to announce some new smartphones called the Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 at MWC 2017 in Barcelona. The Nokia 6 was announced originally back in January 2017, in China.
Venturebeat reports that the Nokia 3 and Nokia 5 will also run on Andorid 7.0 Nougat, like the Nokia 6.
Nokia 6 Technical Specifications
- Display: 5.5 inch 1080p Full HD, IPS LCD, 2.5D curved glass display, Corning Gorilla Glass, 403 ppi, Sunlight reading, 450 nits brightness
- Processor: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Memory: 4GB RAM LPDDR3
- Storage: 64 GB + up to 128GB via microSD
- GPU: Adreno 505
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G LTE Cat. 4, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB OTG
- Rear: Camera: 16 megapixels, rear camera, f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone dual LED flash, PDAF
- Front Camera: 8 megapixels, f/2.0 aperture, 84˚ wide-angle lens
- Security: Fingerprint sensor
- Audio: Dual speakers, Dual smart amplifiers (TFA9891), Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 154 x 75.8 x 7.8 mm
- Battery: 3,000mAh
The Nokia 5 will sport a 5.2 inch 720p HD display, and will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor, with 2GB of RAM. The device will come with a 12 megapixel rear camera. The Nokia 3's specs are not known yet, but it is the entry level phone of the three, so expect it to come with much lower specs.
Nokia 3, 5 and 6 Pricing:
The Nokia 3 will be priced at €149 or approximately, Rs. 10,500 or $158. The Nokia 5 will retail for €199 ($211 or Rs.14,000), while the Nokia 6 will be priced at €249 ($264 or Rs. 18,000).
There is one other phone, which HMD Global wants to launch, a new version of its super popular phone from the year 2000, the Nokia 3310. It is unclear what OS the new homage version of the Nokia 3310 will run on, but the price tag of €59 (Rs. 4,100 or $62), and the tank-like design, if HMD sticks to the original one, suggests, a basic one like Nokia’s series 30+, or the older Series S40.
The bad news is that HMD is ony planning to launch the phones in Europe, so it is unclear if they will be launched in the U.S. or India. But considering that the Nokia 6 was exclusive to China, before this news, we think it is possible that HMD Global is being cautious before targeting a launch in larger markets.
HMD Global will launch the Nokia 3, 5, and 6, along with the new 3310 on February 26th, at the Mobile World Congress 2017, tech show in Barcelona.