Yesterday, Motorola announced the 5th generation of its super popular G series Phones at the Mobile World Congress 2017 tech show. Now, if you are wondering, when will the Moto G5 Plus be available in India, you will be happy to know that you won't have to wait long for the phone to be launched in our Country.
Moto India has officially announced the launch date for the Moto G5 Plus, on Twitter. The Moto G5 Plus will be launched on March 15th in India.
Here is a recap of the device’s hardware.
Moto G5 Plus Technical Specifications
- Display: 5.2-inch Full HD 1080p, 424 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Operating System: Android 7 nougat
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core @ 2.0 GHz
- RAM: 2GB/4GB
- GPU: Adreno 506
- Storage: 64GB + 128 GB via microSD card slot
- Battery: 3,000 mAh, supports Turbo Charge
- Rear Camera: 12.0 megapixels, Dual LED Flash, Dual Auto-Focus
- Front Camera: 5.0 megapixels wide-angle
- Security: Fingerprint Scanner
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n, Dual SIM cards, 3.5mm audio jack
- Special: IP67 Water and Dust Resistant, Nano-coating
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Ambient Light, Proximity sensor
- Dimensions: 150.2 x 74 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 155 g
- Colours: Lunar Gray or Fine Gold
The Moto G5 Plus 2GB RAM/32GB storage variant costs about Rs.15,000, while the 3GB RAM/32GB storage variant costs about Rs.19,700. The 4GB RAM and 64GB variant is exclusive to India (and some other regions), and the price of the highest end variant is not known at the moment.
Based on the company's past record of selling its devices, right from the day it is launched, we expect the Moto G5 Plus to be sold from midnight of March 15th, without flash sales. It is unclear whether the Moto G5 will be launched on the same day.