Microsoft Lumia 650 is the latest budget smartphone from the Redmond company.
The phone features a 5-inch 720p HD OLED (AMOLED ClearBlack) Display with support for Glance screen, and runs on Windows 10 Mobile operating system.
The Lumia 650 is powered by a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 clocked at 1.3 GHz, and 1GB of RAM, The phone has 16GB of internal storage and supports up to 200 GB of expandable of memory via a micro SD card. Users get a Free 30 GB of OneDrive storage as well (15GB for sign up and 15GB for camera upload). The Lumia 650 is backed by a 2000 mAh battery, and sports an 8MP rear camera and a 5MP wide-angle front camera. The highlight of the Lumia 650 is the sleek metal frame made of aluminum along with the 6.9mm thickness, with the device weighing just 122 grams.
Microsoft Lumia 650 Technical Specifications:
- Display size: 5-inch 720p AMOLED, ClearBlack, 297 ppi, Glance Screen, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, Sunlight readability
- Operating System: Windows 10 Mobile with Cortana, Word flow keyboard, OneDrive for business, Microsoft Outlook, Skype for Business, Office apps
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 212, Quad core 1.3GHz.
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Storage:16 GB internal, up to 200 GB microSD
- Rear Camera: 8.0 megapixels, Auto focus, 2x digital zoom, f/2.2 aperture, 28 mm, LED flash, 720p HD video recording @30fps
- Font camera: 5.0 megapixels, f/2.2 aperture, wide angle, 720p HD video recording
- Battery: 2000 mAh removable
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor
- SIM card: Nano SIM (Single/Dual)
- Connectivity: 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, Micro-USB, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi, NFC, A-GLONASS/A-GPS/BeiDou, GSM, WCDMA and LTE FDD network: Band 1 (2100 MHz), Band 3 (1800 MHz), Band 7 (2600 MHz), Band 8 (900MHz), Band 20 (800MHz), FM radio
- Dimensions: 42 x 70.9 x 6.9 mm
- Weight: 122 g
Now, if you’re wondering why Microsoft didn’t use a Snapdragon 400, allow me to explain the difference between that and the 212. Both the Snapdragon 400 and 212 are quad core processors and use 4 Cortex A7 cores, and the former has a higher clock rate for the processor and an Adreno 306 GPU, while the SD212 has an Adreno 304 GPU.
Microsoft Lumia 650 official ad:
The Microsoft Lumia 650 has been priced at $650, and is available in select European markets from February 15th.
source: Windows Blog