Microsoft has launched a new affordable Windows Phone, under its Lumia branding.
The new entrant to the scene is the Lumia 550.
The phone flaunts a 4.7 inch 720P HD display, which has a pixel density of 315 ppi. The display supports the popular Glance Screen feature, which lets you view the time, date, notifications, and calendar entries without unlocking or waking the display. The Lumia 550 runs on Windows 10, and comes pre-loaded with several Microsoft apps like Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Cortana, OneDrive, Outlook Mail and Outlook Calendar, Skype and the new browser, Microsoft Edge.
The device is powered by a 1.1GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 processor, with 1GB of RAM. In terms of storage, the Lumia 550 comes with 8GB of internal memory and supports up to a whopping 200GB of expendable memory via MicroSD cards.
The phone features a 5 megapixel rear camera with an f/2.4 aperture, autofocus, LED Flash and is capable of recording 720P HD videos at 30 fps.The selfie lens is a 2 megapixel front camera. The Lumia 550 is backed by a 2100 mAh battery which is user removable.
Microsoft Lumia 550 Technical Specifications:
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Display: 4.7 inch HD 720p, 315 ppi, Glance Screen
- Processor: 1.1 GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 MSM8909
- RAM: 1GB RAM
- Storage: 8GB internal storage, external storage upto 200GB via Micro SD
- Rear camera: 5 Megapixels, Autofocus, f/2.4 aperture, video recording 720p @ 30 fps, LED Flash
- Front camera: 2 Megapixels
- Battery: 2100 mAh (removable)
- Dimensions: 136.1 x 67.8 x 9.9 mm
- Weight: 141.9 g
The Microsoft Lumia 550 has been priced at $139 (approx Rs 9200), and will be available in two colours: matte black and glossy white. The phone will go on sale in Europe today, and will be available in more regions soon.