Click on images to see bigger images.
1. Login to Gmail.
2. Click the Create a filter link.
3. Type “in: spam” (without the quotes) into the Has the words field.
4. Click the Next Step button.
5. Click OK to ignore the warning.
6. Check the Mark as Read (or delete it if you want to delete) checkbox.
7. Click the Create Filter button.
That's all, from now onwards all the Spam mails going to the spam will be marked as Read (or deleted if you choose delete it option in step 6) and will be deleted after the default 30days. This is a very handy. No more spam counts on the page.
Site Ref: Blunt Money