The LG G6 has been officially launched in India. The latest flagship from the South Korean electronics giant, which debuted at MWC 2017, follows hot on the heels of the Samsung Galaxy S8, which launched in India a week ago.
The LG G6 has an aluminum and glass body with a metal frame, and a soft matte finish. The phone features a rather tall screen of 18:9 aspect ratio, which LG terms as FullVision Display. Speaking of, it is 5.7-inches in size, and has a Quad HD+ resolution (2880 x 1440 pixels) and a pixel density of 564 ppi.
The phone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor, has 4GB of RAM, and runs on Android 7.0 Nougat with LG UX 6.0. The device has 64GB of storage, and has a microSD card slot which supports up to 2TB of expandable storage. The LG G6 has two lenses on the back panel, one of which is a 13 megapixel 125° wide angle lens with an f/2.5 aperture, while the other rear camera is a 13 megapixel standard camera with Optical Image Stabilization, and has a 71° angle, and an f/1.8 aperture.
The selfie lens on the LG G6 is a 5 megapixel 100° wide angle lens, with an f/2.2 aperture, and a dual rear camera set up with a 13 megapixel 125° wide angle lens with an f/2.4 aperture. The LG G6 packs a 3,300 mAh battery which supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0. The device has been certified to be IP68 water and dust resistant. The LG G6 houses a fingerprint scanner on the back panel, and comes with a 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC for audio, and Dolby Vision.
LG G6 technical specifications:
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat with LH UX 6.0 and and Google Assistant
- Display : 5.7-inch Quad HD+ FullVision, 2880 x 1440 pixels, 564ppi, 18:9
- Processor: : Qualcomm Snapdragon 821
- GPU: Adreno 530
- Storage : 32GB/64GB + upto 2TB via microSD card
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Rear Camera : 13MP wide angle 125° f/2.4 aperture and 13MP Standard angle 71°, OIS 2.0 f/1.8 aperture
- Front Camera: 5MP 100° wide angle, f/2.2 aperture
- Battery : 3,305 mAh, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Others: IP68 water and dust resistant, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC audio, Dolby Vision
- Security: Fingerprint Scanner
- Size: 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 163g
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 4.2 BLE / NFC, 4G LTE, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
LG G6 price in India:
The LG G6 has been priced at Rs. 51,990 in India. It is much cheaper than the Samsung Galaxy S8, which has a retail price of Rs. 57,900. But there is more good news, if you order the LG G6 on April 25th, you will get a cashback of Rs. 7,000 when paying via SBI or HDFC cards. You can also get 50% off of the Tone Active+ HBS-A100 when you order the LG G6 via the pre-booking offer.
The LG G6 will be available in 3 colours: Astro Black, Ice Platinum and Mystic White.
We think that the LG G6 is still overpriced for a Snapdragon 821 phone. You can get a OnePlus4T for just Rs. 29,999.