Intel has launched its super cheap Windows 8.1 PC, which it announced at CES 2015. It is the PC that runs from a HDMI port.
You read that right, all that the device needs is to plug in to your TV or Monitor’s HDMI port.
It is a tiny computer which has a processor, an SSD, a USB port and more.
Intel Compute Stick Technical Specifications:
- CPU: Intel Atom Processor Z3735F, 1.33 GHz Quad Core
- OS: Windows (Win 8.1 with Bing, 32bit) or Ubuntu Linux
- RAM: 2GB DDR3L
- Storage: eMMC 16GB/32GB/64GB
- Expandable Storage: Micro SD Card Slot
- Display: HDMI
- Connectivity: Wifi, Bluetooth, USB, Micro-USB.
- You can read the full list of specifications at this page.
The Intel Compute Stick comes in two variants: one which runs on Windows 8.1 and costs $150, and one which runs on Linux (and will have less storage) and costs $90. It will be available for purchase at the end of the first quarter.