Your email account password may be strong (a long, mixed with Capital, Small, Integer, Special characters etc) but is that secure ? let me come up with an example
1. I reached forgot password page
2. Entered Yahoo Id and Captcha image
3. It may ask to send link to alternative email address, select the alternative option (go for security questions)
and here comes the security question it can be your mothers maiden name, your place of birth etc, if you answer it sincerely , you may be in trouble, one can guess this answer more easily than your password. If you are sharing these details on your Social profiles like Orkut, facebook etc, you really in trouble. I prefer you change the security questions with fake answers (may be other two passwords )
I just changed the password of Shiyon
First security question - Answer from his social media profile
Second security question the answer I guessed easily because I know he is a big fan of A R Rahman
Here comes the change password screen
I changed the password and here is the next screen
Here I can change any of the details and he will not be able to access the account any more.
Change your Security question answers to something which others cant guess.
Shiyon changed his, now it is your turn
Here is how you can change yahoo security questions and passwords them
1. Click on "Account Info"
2. Enter your password again
3. Click " Update password-reset info" under "Sign-In and Security"
4. Click "Change Questions and Answers" under "Secret Questions"
5. Change the questions and answers and click Save
This article is to show you how to make your account credentials strong, not to use it for hacking somebody else account.