Huawei's subsidiary company Honor, has launched a new flagship device called the Honor 8 in India.
The device flaunts a 5.7-inch QHD 2560 x 1440 pixels, with 515 PPI, 94.5% NTSC color gamut which is close to DCI-P3, LTPS LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The device has a 79% screen to body ratio.
The phone runs on Android 7.0 Nougat with Emotion UI aka EMUI 5.1 skin on top. The Honor 8 Pro is powered by Huawei's octa-core Kirin 960 processor, a Mali-G71 and 6GB of RAM. The phone has 128GB of internal storage, and supports up to 128GB of expandable storage via a microSD card which is part of the Dual SIM Hybrid SIM card slots.
The Honor 8 Pro features dual rear cameras, with the sensors comprising of two 12 megapixels monochrome and RGB lenses, with an f/2.2 aperture, paired with laser autofocus, an LED flash and is capable of capturing 4K videos. The selfie lens on the device, is an 8 megapixel front camera with a 77° wide-angle lens. The back panel also houses a fingerprint sensor.
In terms of connectivity, the Honor 8 Pro supports 4G LTE with VoLTE, Wi-Fi, USB Type-C, Bluetooth 4.2, and NFC. Despite the fact that the Honor 8 Pro is just 6.97mm in thickness and encased in a metal body, the phone packs a 4000mAh battery, which supports fast charge 9v 2A. The bottom of the phone is home to a USB Type-C connector,
Honor 8 Pro Technical Specifications
- Display: 5.7-inch QHD 2560 x 1440 pixels LTPS LCD, Gorilla Glass 3, 79% screen to body ratio, 515 PPI, 94.5% NTSC color gamut
- Operating System: EMUI 5.1 (Android 7.0 Nougat)
- CPU: Kirin 960 Octa-Core 4x2.4 GHz (Cortex A73) +4x1.8GHz (Cortex A53)
- GPU: Mali-G71
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 128GB
- External Storage: Dedicated memory card slot, up to 128GB with microSD (total 256GB)
- Battery: 4000 mAh, fast charge 9v 2A
- Security: Fingerprint Sensor
- Rear Cameras: 12 MP + 12 MP Autofocus with LED Flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP, 77° wide-angle lens
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 2.4G/5G, Bluetooth 4.2, Type-C USB 2.0, Dual SIM Cards, 3.5mm headset jack
- Sensors: Hall sensor, Infrared sensor, Fingerprint sensor, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Digital compass, Gravity sensor, Gyroscope, Status indicator
- Dimensions: 157 x 77.50 x 6.97 mm
- Weight: 184 g
The Honor 8 Pro has been priced at Rs. 29,999, and will be sold exclusively via Amazon India’s website from 6PM on July 10th on Amazon Prime day, and HDFC credit and debit card users can avail a 15% cashback offer. The phone will be sold via open sale from 13th July. The device will be available in 2 colours: Navy Blue and Midnight Black. The box which the device comes in, can be used as a VR headset.
On paper, the Honor 8 Pro beats the OnePlus 5, both in terms of price and technical specifications. But we can’t tell for sure without testing them.