Grim Dawn the ARPG which uses the same engine as the hit title, Titan Quest, has officially been released from Early Access.
It is developed by an indie team called Crate Entertainment, and some of the developers from the original game from the now defunct THQ, helped create the new game.
Grim Dawn had a successful Kickstarter campaign three years ago, and was soon published on Steam, as an Early Access form. Now that the game has graduated from its roots, it does feature a fully playable singleplayer campaign. The game is set in an apocalyptic fantasy world where humanity is on the verge of extinction. You can choose to play as one of six classes: Soldier, Demolitionist, Occultist, Nightblade, Arcanist and Shaman, and combine the, into a Dual Dual Class.
There are various types of loot including Common, magical, rare, epic and legendary classes, and even 250 unique skills granted by items and equipment add-ons. Skills can be reclaimed and reassigned.Grim Dawn features 250 crafting recipes using which you can combine components into unique crafted items and even craft more powerful ones later by combining the basic ones. The game also features locked challenge dungeons which require a rare crafted key, and teleportation is disabled.
Grim Dawn has over 35 quests including some side quests too, and Factions to Ally with and battle with. Your decision to help one faction could make you an enemy of an other faction. Humans will also need your help in rebuilding their homes, and rescuing survivors.There is a second layer for customizing skills, using the Devotion system. These skills are unlocked by finding and and restoring destroyed or corrupted shrines.
The game has ragdoll physics, various effects, including demolished furniture, a rotatable camera, dynamic weather (day/night) and more.
Grim Dawn Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
- Processor: x86 compatible 2.3GHz or faster processor (Intel 2nd generation core i-series or equivalent)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series or ATI Radeon X800 series or better
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Storage: 5 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card
- Additional Notes: 4GB of memory is required to host multiplayer games
Grim Dawn Recommended System Requirements
- OS: Windows 7 / Windows 10
- Processor: x86 compatible 3.2GHz or faster processor (Intel 4th generation core i-series or better)
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce 500 series or ATI Radeon 6000 series or better
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 5 GB available space
- Additional Notes: 4GB of memory is recommended to host multiplayer games
Grim Dawn normally costs $22.49, but you can get it for a 10% discount on Steam, until March 3rd. The game costs Rs 557 in India (regular price Rs 619). The game has a 94% positive user rating, which should tell you how good it is.
Crate Entertainment says it will be updating Grim Dawn, and also add modding tools, Survival Mode and a full Expansion
If you like hack and slash games like Diablo 2, Torchlight and Titan Quest, you will love Grim Dawn.