The release date of Dawn of Andromeda is official, and the game is scheduled to be launched exactly a week from today. The game, which should not to be confused with the latest game in the Mass Effect franchise, has been in Early Access for quite a while,
This is in fact a 4X strategy game, similar to Civilization series, except that Dawn of Andromeda is set in Space.
Just like most 4X titles, Andromeda allows you to build an empire, colonize planets, research new technologies, build fleets, interact with other factions, explore the galaxy, assign governers, manage your diplomacy, etc. It does feature pirates, anomalies, black holes, artefacts, ruins, etc. This sounds like an excellent alternative for Endless Space if you ask me.
Usually 4x games are turn-based strategy games, but Dawn of Andromeda is a real-tome strategy, like Sins of the Solar Empire or Sword of the Stars. The graphics are quite good for a 4x game, but Dawn of Andromeda requires a fairly powerful PC to run at max settings. This is odd, considering Stellaris requires just 4 gigs of RAM to play at highest settings.
Dawn of Andromeda Minimum System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 64 bit (32 bit NOT supported!)
- Processor: 3.0 Ghz Intel Core i3 or equivalent
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Graphics: 1GB nVidia Geforce GT460 or equivalent
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 2GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible Audio
Dawn of Andromeda Recommended System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 64 bit
- Processor: 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i5 or equivalent
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Graphics: 1 GB nVidia Geforce GTX660 or equivalent, 1 GB ATI HD7850 or equivalent
Dawn of Andromeda - Launch Trailer
If you like games like Endless Space, Stellaris, Sins of the Solar Empire, you will like Dawn of Andromeda.
Dawn of Andromeda will be released on May 4th on Steam. The game has been priced at $24.99 (Rs. 619 in India). IT is unclear if there will be a sale before the launch, or if the price wll be increased after the launch. But maybe you could follow the AMA on Reddit, where Mike Domingues the CEO of GreyWolf Entertainment will answer your questions, on April 27th at 9 AM PDT.
That is really a cool date to launch a space based game. May the fourth be with you Andromeda.