If you have Photoshop this is very simple, here are the steps to do this
- Open your image in Photoshop
- Choose Image -> Adjustment -> Desaturate (or Ctrl+Shift+U by default) to make the photo to black-and-white.
- Click Layer -> Duplicate Layer, duplicate the background as background copy
- Use Image -> Adjustment -> Invert (or Ctrl+I by default), then the image will look like a negative.
- From the layer palette, set the blending options as Color Dodge.
- Choose Filter -> Blur -> Guassian Blur, set the radius 4 pixels. (Radius pixels, change it according to your idea)
- Merge the layer at last. So, everything is done!