BB Merah Putih has launched the BlackBerry Aurora, in Indonesia. This is the first BlackBerry phone to be made in Indonesia, and is also the first Dual-SIM phone from the company. This is the device which was called the BBC100-1.
The Aurora is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 quad-core processor clocked at 1.4GHz, with 4GB of RAM, and runs on Android 7.0 Nougat. The phone sports a 5.5-inch 720p HD display with a pixel density of 268 PPI. The phone has 32GB of internal storage, and two SIM card slots which support 4G LTE. The BlackBerry Aurora has a 13 megapixel rear camera with a Dual tone LED Flash and an 8 megapixel front-facing camera with an LED Flash. The device is backed by a 3,000mAh battery, and will be available in three colours: Gold, Silver, and Black.
BlackBerry Aurora Technical Specifications
- Processor: MSM8917 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 425
- Operating System: Android 7 Nougat
- Display: 5.5 inch, HD 720p, 268 ppi
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Storage: 32 GB ROM, expandable up to 256 GB
- Rear camera: 13 megapixels, phase detection auto focus, dualtone LED flash, CMOS sensor
- Front camera: 8 megapixels with LED flash
- Battery: Lithium Ion 3000 mAh
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g / n WiFi-Direct, USB v2.0, microUSB, Dual Micro Sim card, LTE B1 (2100MHz), B3 (1800MHz), B5 (850MHz), B7 (2600MHz), B8 (900MHz), B26 (850MHz), B40 (2300MHz), WCDMA 850/900 / 2100MHz; GSM 900 / 1800MHz
- Dimensions: 152 x 76.8 x 8.55 mm
- Weights: 178 grams
The BlackBerry Aurora has been priced at IDR 3,499,000, which is around Rs. 17,500.