The Apple iPhone 5s could get a 50% price cut soon. a report says.
The reason behind this is the expected launch of the iPhone SE, in the coming weeks.
The new phone, also said to be called the iPhone 6c or the iPhone 5 SE, is expected to be priced in the range of $400 to $500. Here is a list of the hardware specs of the upcoming phone, which will not have a fingerprint scanner.
iPhone 5 SE technical specifications (leaked)
- Display: 4-inch
- Processor: A9
- Storage: up to 64GB
- Camera: 12-megapixel rear camera
- Connectivity: NFC, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2
- Battery: 1642 mAh
And this phone will be sold for the current price of the iPhone 5s, which was launched in 2013, and is actually still a very popular device. Naturally the new device’s launch will mean that the iPhone 5s can’t be sold for the same price, and instead of stopping the production, Apple will slash the price of it, says an analyst. To be precise, the iPhone 5s price will be slashed to $225, which translates to around 15000 Indian Rupees. The phone currently retails for around Rs 21000 in India, and a price cut would be welcomed.
iPhone 5s technical specifications:
- Display: 4-inch retina display, 1136 x 640 pixels resolution, 326 ppi,Corning Gorilla Glass, oleophobic coating
- Operating System: iOS 7 (can be upgraded to iOS 9.2)
- Processor: A7 Dual-core 1.3 GHz
- GPU: PowerVR G6430
- RAM: 1GB DDR3
- Storage: 16GB, 32GB and 64GB
- Main Camera: 8 megapixels rear camera, dual-LED Flash
- Front Camera: 1.2 megapixels FaceTime HD
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Sensors: Touch-ID Fingerprint Scanner, Acelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass
- Battery: 1560 mAh
An iPhone 5s within a 15000 Rs budget could literally destroy the Android market in India.