The ASUS ZenFone 3s Max has been launched today in India, as expected. The device is the first phone from the Taiwan based company, to feature a front placed finger print scanner, which is embedded in a physical button. It has 5-finger and 360° recognition, and can be configured to trigger specific actions. The fingerprint sensor can be used for answering calls.
The physical button is not the home button though, as the phone uses on-screen soft keys.
The Zenfone 3s Max sports a 5.2 inch 720p HD display with 2.5D Arc glass with a 400+ Nits brightness, and a 75% screen to bodyy ratio. The phone runs on Android 7.0 Nougat with Zen UI 3.0 on top. The phone is powered by a 1.5GHz octa-core 64-bit MediaTek MT6750 processor, with a Mali T860 GPU, and 3GB of RAM. The device has 32GB of internal storage, and supports up to 2TB of expandable memory via a microSD card slot, which is part of a hybrid Dual SIM card tray. The Zenfone 3S Max has a 5-magnet speaker for Audio.
The ASUS Zenfone 3s Max has a 13 megapixel rear camera with phase detection autofocus, a dual color tone LED flash, an f/2.0 aperture and a 5P Largan lens. The selfie lens is an 8 megapixel front camera, with an 85° wide angle lens. The device is backed by a 5000mAh non-removable battery with 5V/2A fast charge support, amd weighs 175g.
The device has a metallic body, and curved edges. It will be available in Black and Gold colours.
The model number of the Zenfone 3s Max is ZC521TL, which is similar to the ASUS ZenFone 3 Max which has the number ZC520TL. Connectivity wise, the device supports 4G LTE with VoLTe, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, and FM Radio.
ASUS Zenfone 3s Max Technical Specifications
- Display: 5.2 inch 720p HD, 2.5D glass
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat with Zen UI 3.0
- Processor: 1.5GHz Octa-core Mediatek MT6750
- GPU: Mali T860
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 32 GB, expandable up to 2 TB with microSD
- Security: Fingerprint Scanner
- Connectivity: Hybrid Dual SIM, 4G LTE Cat 4, VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, FM Radio
- Rear Camera: 13 MP, dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 5P Largan Lens, PDAF
- Front Camera: 8 MP front-shooter, 85-degree field of view
- Weight: 175 gm
- Dimensions: 8.85mm thickness
- Battery : 5000mAh non-removable, 5V/2A fast charge
The ASUS ZenFone 3s Max has been priced at Rs. 14,999 in India, and will be sold exclusively via Flipkart.