ASUS has officiallt unveiled the ASUS ZenFone 3 Zoom, at CES 2017. The phone has 12 megapixel dual rear cameras, the primary of which is a SONY IMX362 sensor, an f/1.7 aperture, and support for Optical Image Stabilization and Electronic Image Stabilization. There is a Dual-LED real tone flash and an RGB sensor for color accuracy.
The cameras use ASUS’ TriTech+ Auto Focus which comprises of a Dual Pixel PDAF, a 2nd generation Laser auto-focus, and a Subject tracking auto-focus for photos and videos, to deliver a 0.03s instant focus.
The camera is backed by a Zoom camera, which is also a 12 megapixels sensor with an f/2.0 aperture, a 5p lens, a Focal length of 59mm and supports up to 12 times total zoom, and 2.3 times optical zoom. The front Camera is a 13 megapixels SONY IMX214 sensor, with an f/2.0 aperture and screen flash.
The ASUS ZenFone 3 Zoom sports a 5.5″ Full HD 1080p AMOLED display, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, and has a 76.5% screen-to-body ratio, 100% NTSC high color gamut, 500nits brightness. It has an oleophobic coating to prevent fingerprint and smudges, and has a built-in bluelight filter. The device runs on Zen UI 3.0 based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 Octa-core 2.0 GHz processor with 3GB/4GB of RAM and an Adreno 506 GPU. The phone will come in three storage variants 32GB/64Gb/128GB, supports up to 2TB of expandable memory via a microSD card slot (Hybrid SIM). The phone has a Fingerprint Scanner on the back panel, and has an Infrared sensor too. The ASUS ZenFone 3 Zoom is backed by a 5000 mAh battery, which supports reverse charging. There is a 3.5mm audio jack and a USB-Type C connector.
ASUS ZenFone 3 Zoom ZE553KL Technical Specifications
- Display: 5.5″ Full HD 1080p AMOLED, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, 76.5% screen-to-body ratio, 100% NTSC, 500nits, oleophobic coating, Bluelight filter
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 Octa-core 2.0 GHz
- GPU: Adreno 506
- Operating System: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (Zen UI 3.0)
- Memory: 3GB/4GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB/64Gb/128GB Storage + Micro SD slot (up to 2TB)
- Rear Camera: 12 megapixels, f/1.7 aperture, SONY IMX362 sensor, 4-axis, 4 stops Optical Image Stabilization, 3-axis Electronic Image Stabilization for shake-free videos, Dual-LED real tone flash, 4K UHD videos @30 fps, Color correction (RGB) sensor, Dual Pixel PDAF + Laser auto-focus + Subject tracking auto-focus
- Zoom Camera: 12 megapixels camera (12x zoom, 2.3x optical zoom, Focal length 59mm, 5p lens)
- Front Camera: 13 megapixels, SONY IMX214 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, Screen flash
- Connectivity: USB Type-C, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, Dual SIM dual standby
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity, E-Compass, RGB, Gyroscope,Ambient light, Fingerprint Scanner, IR
- Audio: 3.5mm audio jack , 5-magnet speakers with NXP Smart Amp, Hi-Res audio 192kHz/24-bit, DTS for headphones, Dual internal mic with ASUS Noise Reduction Technology, FM radio
- Dimension: 154.3 x 77.6 x 7.99mm
- Battery: 5,000mAh
- Weight: 170 g
ASUS has not announced the pricing and the availability of the Zenfone 3 Zoom .