LG has announced a battery mammoth phone, called the LG X Power 2, in South Korea. The phone will be unveiled at the Mobile World Congress 2017 in Barcelona.
The LG X Power2 is backed by a 4,500mAh battery, which is non-removable. It can offer 15 hours of video playback, or 14 hours of GPS, or 18 hours of browsing. The LG X Power2 clearly does not have quick charging, as the announcement post says that a one hour charge will give 50% of battery power, while it will take twice the time for a full charge.
The LG X Power2 has a 5.5-inch 720p HD In-cell Touch display, with sunlight visibility, and Comfort View which filters bluelight. The device runs on Android 7.0 Nougat and is powered by a 1.5GHz octa-core processor, with 1.5GB or2GB of RAM. The phone has internal storage, and supports up to 2TB of expandable storage via a microSD card slot.
The phone has a 5 megapixel front camera with a wide angle camera lens and a front-facing soft light LED flash. The device has a 13 megapixel rear camera, which has Zero Shutter Lag, Gesture Shot, Gesture Interval Shot, Auto Shot, etc.
There doesn’t appear to be a fingerprint sensor on the phone, and combine that with the relatively low amount of RAM and storage, and the massive bezels, which makes us wonder whether the LG X Power2 is an outdated and recycled design. It should be priced like an entry level phone.
LG X Power2 Technical Specifications:
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Display: 5.5-inch HD In-cell Touch
- Processor: Chipset: 1.5 GHz Octa-Core
- Rear Camera: 13 megapixels
- Front Camera: 5 megapixels, wide angle lens, LED Flash
- Memory: 2GB or 1.5GB RAM
- Storage: 16GB internal storage + up to 2TB of expandable storage via Micro SD
- Battery: 4,500mAh (embedded)
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi (802.11 b, g, n), Bluetooth 4.2, USB 2.0, USB OTG
- Dimensions: 7 x 78.1 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 164g
- Colors: Black Titan, Shiny Titan, Shiny Gold, Shiny Blue
- Sensors: Gyro Sensor
The LG X Power2 will initially begin retailing in Latin American regions in March, followed by the United States, Asia, Europe and other regions.