The LGV20 has been launched in India. The South Korean company’s dual-display phone, with a 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC was originally launched in September, at the IFA 2016, in Berlin.
The LG V20’s design uses a combination of Aluminum for the body, while the top and bottom are made of Silicone Polycarbonate. The phone sports a 5.7 inch 2560 x 1440p Quad HD Quantum display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4, and a pixel density of 513 PPI. On the top of the main display, is a 160 by 1040 ticker display, which has the same pixel density. This is used for quick shortcuts for apps, sending quick replies, and for displaying notifications, which can be expanded with a tap.
The V20 runs on Android 7.0 Nougat, and was the first phone to do so, before Google launched the Pixel devices. The LG V20 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon quad core processor, along with 4GB of RAM. The phone has 64GB of onboard storage, and an expandable memory option in the form of a microSD card slot, which supports up to 2TB of storage.
The main photography option on the LG V20 are its dual rear cameras. The first is a 16 megapixel camera with a 75° wide-angle lens and an f/1.8 aperture, and an 8 megapixel camera with a 135° lens and an f/2.4 aperture, dual LED Flash, Laser Detect AutoFocus + Phase Detect AutoFocus + Contrast AutoFocus, and Optical Image Stabilization
The selfie lens on the LG V20 is a 5 megapixel camera with an f/1.9 aperture, and a 125° wide-angle lens which also supports 83°normal angle mode. The V20 features a fingerprint scanner on the back panel.
Another highlight of the phone is the audio chip, which is a 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC ESS Sabre ES9218, combined with Bang & Olufsen’s B&O Play for a superior audio experience, and three microphones for recording audio even in loud scenarios, like sporting events.
The phone is backed by a 3,200 mAg battery, which is user removable, and supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0. Connectivity wise, the V20 supports 4G LTe + VoLTE, and comes with a USB Type-C connector
LG V20 Technical Specifications
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat with LG UX 5.0
- Display: 5.7-inch QHD IPS Quantum Display 2560 x 1440 pixels + 160 x 1040 pixels ticker display 513ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 64-bit quad-core
- RAM: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Memory: 64GB UFS internal storage and up to 2TB via microSD
- Audio: 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC ESS SABRE ES9218 with B&O Play + 3 mics
- Sensors: Fingerprint Scanner
- Battery: 3200mAh user removable, Quick Charge 3.0
- Rear Camera: 16 megapixels, f/1.8 Aperture, 75° normal angle + 8 megapixels, f/2.4 aperture 135-degree wide-angle, Laser Detect Autofocus, PDAF and Contrast Autofocus, OIS
- Front Camera: 5 megapixels, f/1.9 Aperture, 120-degree wide angle + 83° angle
- Dimensions: 159.7 x 78.1 x 7.6 mm
- Connectivity: 4G LTE VoLTE, USB Type-C, Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, NFC
- Colours: Titan, Silver, Pink
The LG v20 has been priced at Rs. 54,999 in India, and will be sold exclusively via Amazon India. The phone comes with a pair of B&O premium earbuds worth Rs. 18000 (please refer to Amazon India’s website).