The Huawei Mate 9 has been officially been launched, at an event in Berlin. The device’s key feature are the dual rear cameras, once again using the lens from professional lens maker, Leica.
The Mate 9 sports a 5.9-inch 1080p Full HD IPS display with 2.5D Glass, with a pixel density of 373ppi, 96% Color gamut, and a high contast ratio of 1500:1. The phone runs on EMUI 5.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat and is powered by an in-house Huawei Kirin 960 octa-core processor comprising of a dual-cluster architecture with 4 ARM Cortex A-53 cores running at 1.8GHz, and 4 high power A73 cores clocked at 2.4GHz.
The phone has 4GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage, and supports up to 256GB of expandable storage via a microSD card, which can be used in the Hybrid Dual SIM slot. The Mate 9 features a rear placed fingerprint scanner, and sports a full metal body and measures at 7.9 mm in thickness, and weighs at 190g.
The Huawei Mate 9’s rear cameras consist of Dual Leica lens with a 20 megapixels RGB sensor, a 12 megapixels monochrome sensor, both with an f/2.2 aperture, Optical Image Stabilization, Laser Auto Focus, Phase Detect Auto Focus, Dual-tone Dual LED Flash, 4K video recording, and 2x Hybrid zoom (lossless). The selfie lens is an 8.0 megapixel front camera, with an f/1.9 aperture. The Huawei Mate 9 is backed by a 4,000 mAh, which supports Super Charge fast charging. Connectivity options on the device include support for 4G LTE, GPS/Glonass/Galileo/BDS, Wi-Fi 2.4G/5G, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC and a USB Type C connector high speed data transfers.
Huawei Mate 9 Technical Specifications
- Display: 5.9 inch 1080p FullHD IPS, 2.5D glass, 373ppi, Color saturation(NTSC) 96%, High contrast 1500:1
- Processor: Kirin 960 octa-core (4 x A73 @2.4GHz + 4 x A53 @1.8GHz) + i6 co-processor
- Operating System: EMUI 5.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat
- GPU: Mali G-71 MP8
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD (Hybrid Sim Slot)
- Rear Camera: Dual Leica lens 20 megapixels RGB + 12 megapixels monochrome, f/2.2 aperture, OIS, Laser Auto Focus, PDAF, Dual-tone Dual LED Flash, 4K video recording, 2x Hybrid zoom
- Front Camera: 8 megapixels, f/1.9 aperture, autofocus
- Battery: 4,000 mAh, Super Charge
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G LTE, GPS/Glonass/Galileo/BDS, Wi-Fi 2.4G/5G, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac with Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC, USB Type C
- Sensors: G-Sensor, Gyroscope sensor, Compass, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity sensor, Hall sensor, Barometer, Infrared
- Security: Fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 156.9 x 78.9 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 190g
- Colours: Space Gray, Moonlight Silver, Champagne Gold, Mocha Brown, Ceramic White, Graphite Black (Porsche Design Mate 9)
The Huawei Mate 9 has been priced at €699 (about Rs. 51837) in Europe. The device will initially be launched in parts of Asia: China, Japan, Malaysia, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Thailad, UAE, and some European Countries (France, Germany, Italy, Poland, and Spain), and will be released in other regions in the future.