HTC has officially launched a new phone called the HTC 10 evo. This is the global variant of the HTC Bolt which was originally launched for Sprint Mobile.
The HTC 10 evo features a meetal unibody design, with IP57 water resistance certification. The phone’s display is a 5.5 inch Quad HD 1440p Super LCD 3 panel, with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, and a pixel density of 534 ppi.
The device is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor, which as you know os a 2015 flagship processor, and is very outdated. The phone comes with 3GB of RAM, and 32GB of onboard memory, with a microSD card slot providing up to 2TB of expandable storage. The HTC 10 evo sports a 16.0 megapixels rear camera with Dual LED Flash, Phase Detect Auto Focus, BSI Sensor, Optical Image Stabilization, and an f/2.0 aperture. The selfie lens on the phone is an 8.0 megapixels front camera, with a BSI Sensor and an f/2.4 aperture. The HTC 10 evo comes with the renown HTC BoomSound Audio and three microphones for noise cancelation.
The phone is backed by a 3,200 mAh battery which supports Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 2.0. The 10 evo has a phusical home button which doubles up as a fingerprint scanner. Interestingly HTC has skipped the 3.5 mm headphone jack, and instead comes with a USB Type C port for audio as well as data and charging.
HTC 10 evo Technical Specifications:
- Display: 5.5 inch, Quad HD (2560 x 1440 pixels, 534 ppi, super LCD 3, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat with HTC Sense
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810, octa-core 2.0 Ghz
- RAM: 3GB
- GPU: Adreno 430
- Storage: 32GB + up to 2TB via microSD card slot
- Battery: 3,200 mAh with Quick Charge 2.0
- Rear Camera: 16.0 megapixels, Dual LED Flash, PDAF, BSI Sensor, OIS, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording, slo mo video 720p @ 120 fps
- Front Camera: 8.0 megapixels, BSI Sensor, f/2.4 aperture
- Sound: HTC BoomSound, Three mic noise cancelation
- Security: Fingerprint Scanner
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5 GHz), 4G LTE, GPS, GLONASS, Nano SIM card, USB Type C
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Motion G-sensor, Compass, Gyro sensor, Magnetic sensor, Sensor Hub
- Dimensions: 153.59 x 77.3 x 3.7-8.09 mm
- Weight: 174 g
- Miscellaneous: IP57 Water Resistant
The HTC 10 evo comes in three colours: silver, gold and gunmetal.