how to make a website posted 100 ways to increase website traffic. If you are a webmaster (especially a beginner) this article really worth a read. Many of the points are may be known to you.
It covers (Each section have one sample from that section posted) – read the post on the How To Make A Website
2. Leave comments on other blogs.
7. Publish an RSS feed.
3. Content is King
13. Write a “Top 10″ list.
19. Create a ranking of people.
24. Create a free CSS template.
28. Launch a retweet contest
33. Experiment with video.
8. Social Bookmarking Sites
38. Get people to stumble your articles.
9. Social Networks
44. Create a profile on most social networks.
10. Website Optimization
51. Customize your 404 error page.
11. Search Engine Optimization
58. Create unique content.
65. Create a mobile version of your website.
13. Online Forums
68. Join online forums and put a link to your website in your signature.
14. Content Hubs
72. Create “lenses” on Squidoo. Each “lens” on Squidoo is an overview page about a specific topic.
15. Old School
76. Submit your site to web directories.
16. Paid Methods
83. Google AdWords. Pay-per-click advertising is one of the most efficient ways to buy traffic for your website, and Google AdWords is the largest ad network for that on the web.
17. Offline Methods
92. Include your website’s URL in your business card. 18. Out of the box Methods
97. Set your website as the homepage on any computer you use.