It is almost time for Christmas and Microsoft seems to be getting into Santa’s flock this year. The good guys at Microsoft are offering Skype – group calls and group sharing premium features for Free – for an entire year. All the more the free offer comes with not only free access to live customer support (via chat) but also is advertisement free.
Below are a few points worth mentioning on the offer:
1. You must have a Skype account in order to avail this offer. In case you don’t have one, head over to this link to create one.
2. The voucher code must be redeemed on or before 30-April-2014.
3. Video calling is supported from three (3) to up to ten (10) Skype users only.
4. Per Skype’s Fair Usage Policy– you can use video calls for a fair usage limit of 100 hours per month with no more than 10 hours per day, and with a limit of 4 hours per individual video call.
How to Redeem the voucher
1. Head over to this link.
2. Sign-in using your Skype-Name and password
3. Enter the voucher code you received in the email
4. Click on Redeem.
Do note that it might take up to 48 hours for the voucher code to arrive in your inbox. Due to huge popularity of Skype there seems to be some backlog, so some delay is expected for the voucher code to arrive. Therefore, before requesting another voucher code for the same email please wait for 48 hours. For the record, I received my voucher code within a minute of placing the request.
In case you get an (unknown) error while trying to redeem the voucher- the reason (per a reply from a moderator on Skype forum)- could be because you might have received/used Xbox One 6 months offer for Skype previously. So, if this is the case, you will have to use the voucher on another Skype account.
A little birdie also told us that you can use disposable/temporary emails to get as many voucher codes as you want.
So if you have been waiting to have video calls with your family & friends through Skype, just head over to the link below and grab the offer at the earliest while it lasts.