Dungeon Keeper, the classic dungeon management strategy game, from Bullfrog Studios, is now available for free on Electronic Arts Origin. The game lets you play as the lord of the dungeon, and you have to rise an army of minions, which is a lot of fun.
I’ll let you discover the rest by playing the game. But there is one thing which I must mention. We are not entirely sure whether the Origin version of Dungeon Keeper, comes with the Deeper Dungeons expansion. The listing does say Standard Edition, so I’m going to say it doesn’t include the expansion.
Back in 2014, GOG gave away Dungeon Keeper + Deeper Dungeons expansion for free.
Oh and if you really want the expansion and the base game, GOG is having an Electronic Arts sale, where you can get Dungeon Keeper Gold for just $2.39. That’s the DRM free version like all the other games on the website, so that’s a fair price to pay. The sequel Dungeon Keeper 2, is also available for the same price.
How to get Dungeon Keeper for free:
1. Visit this page on EA Origin, and login to your account (sign up for a free account, if you don’t have any).
2. Click on the “Add to game library” button, to get the game for free.
3. You will need to download and install the Origin game client, and login to it, to download Dungeon Keeper.
Dungeon Keeper system requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP or Windows Vista
- Processor: 1.8 GHz
- Memory: 512MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
- GPU: 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended)
- Storage: 2GB HDD
- Other: Mouse and Keyboard
EA’s On the House promo usually runs for a month or two, but there is no date mentioned in the page, so you better get the game for free, while you still can.