Orkut is a social networking service which is run by Google and named after its creator, an employee of Google - Orkut Büyükkökten. The service states that it was designed to help users meet new friends and maintain existing relationships. Orkut is similar to other social networking sites. Since October 2006, Orkut has permitted users to create accounts without an invitation. Orkut is the most visited website in Brazil and second most visited site in India. The initial target market for Orkut was the United States, but the majority of its users are in India and Brazil. In fact, as of May 2008, 43.9% of the traffic comes from Brazil, followed by India with 38.8%. [ From Wikipedea]
It is having some security issues, like
1. A link and some text in Brazilian language, when you click on that link, it will send scraps to all your contacts in friends list
2. Then it came as a Youtube video like picture, as you know you will want to click on that to play, same like the above will happen
So what I will prefer is
1. Don't click on any unwanted links.
2. If you want surely click on a link copy the link, open another browser (If you are using IE open Firefox, Opera or something like that) and try that . Even opening in a new window of the same browser is also fine.
Serious question, why you want to see someone's album which is not opened for you?
To protect your account read it from Orkut itself
- Don't share: Keep your username, password and personal information secret and change your password regularly.
- Don't script: Never paste a URL or script into your browser while logged into Orkut.com, no matter what it claims to do. Don't click on links in emails that
- claim to be from Orkut or Gmail. Scan your computer regularly for viruses, spyware, and adware.
- Don't spread: Never enter your Google Account login and password on sites other than Orkut.com and other Google properties. Never check remember
- me when you're using a shared computer.
- Avoid posting sensitive personal data, such as email addresses or pictures, in public places.
- Don't forget to click the Logout link at the top of the page when you're done using Orkut.
Here is another set
- Don't forget that millions of people can view your orkut profile: Don't post anything you wouldn't want everyone to know about you like your phone number or home address. Share fun information about yourself like your favorite vacation spot or the best movie you've ever seen.
- Don't trust everyone: People aren't always who they say they are. Be cautious when adding strangers to your friends list. orkut's a great way to make new friends, but be careful about information you share with someone you've never met. If you do decide to meet someone outside of orkut, bring a friend with you.
- Inappropriate content won't be tolerated: Help keep orkut safe and clean by reporting content that violates our Terms of Service using the Report Abuse button on profiles and communities.
- Don't post anything about yourself that might embarrass you later: Only post info and photos on your profile that you wouldn't mind your parents or boss seeing.
- Protect your password: Never tell anyone your password! Your Google Account password protects your orkut account so keep it to yourself. Also try to avoid scams and sites that may try to steal your password. To learn more about these scams, click here.
These are intended to all Orkut Users, try to follow that.